Ericsson pulls out of Mobile World Congress for coronavirus worries
Amazon, LG and Nvidia also pull out, while government moves to reassure attendees
Amazon, LG and Nvidia also pull out, while government moves to reassure attendees
Hi-tech pilot scheme between Barcelona city center and fair venue will be extended to cover entire FGC rail network by 2023
Firm decides not to take part in Barcelona event "with safety of its employees, partners and customers foremost in mind"
"Barcelona ecosystem makes us feel welcome," says John Hoffman
World's largest mobile industry fair draws to a close in Barcelona with 2,000 more attendees than last year
Over next four days more than 100,000 due to visit world's largest fair devoted to mobile tech sector
King Felipe VI defends Spain as a "full democracy" during Mobile World Congress inaugural dinner
Demonstrators block traffic in Plaça Espanya as Felipe VI attends tech fair’s inaugural dinner
Cleaning staff to down tools during world's largest mobile event to be held in Catalan capital from February 25 to 28
Event director reveals fair was about to move out of Catalonia last year due to independence issue
The Catalan parliament speaker will not be present at the event either, arguing that the king has not “addresed a single word” to victims of police violence on October 1
Data released foresees a growth in demand of between 10% and 35% for premium fish, meat, and raw products
The 2017 edition of the Mobile World Congress (MWC) registered a record participation of 108,000 visitors from 203 countries worldwide, 7% more than last year’s edition, according to figures released this Thursday by the event organisers GSMA. Those who passed through the MWC’s main venues at L’Hospitalet Gran Via and Fira de Montjuic were mostly senior executives, including 6,100 CEOs. The economic impact in Barcelona and its metropolitan area is estimated to reach €465 million and over 13,200 temporary jobs have been created due to the MWC. 2,300 international companies, which went beyond just the mobile phone industry, including firms from the automotive, financial and health sectors, presented their novelties at the world’s most important cell-phone and internet-related exhibition.
4 Years From Now (4YFN), is the start-up business platform launched by the Mobile World Capital Barcelona that enables start-ups, investors and corporations to connect and launch new ventures together. During its opening this Monday within the Mobile World Congress, in Barcelona, Catalan Minister for Business and Knowledge, Jordi Baiget described it as “great showcase” and emphasised its growing influence. “It has become a reference point in Europe”, he said. Indeed, this year the 4YFN has seen its surface area multiplied by 8 in comparison to its first edition, three years ago. Thus, it has gathered together a record 600 start-ups and 700 investors. In line with this expansion, the 4YFN promotors announced that the platform will also be launched in San Francisco.
From the 27th of February to the 2nd of March, the Catalan capital will host the 12th edition of the Mobile World Congress (MWC), the world’s largest event of the mobile and cell phone-related industries. Last year’s edition surpassed its record and registered 101,000 visitors, which passed through the 2,200 stands distributed across two different venues, L’Hospitalet Gran Via and Fira de Montjuic. This year due to the international terrorist alert, the security measures will be strongly increased. For the first time ever, some of the access will be protected with bollards and concrete fences to prevent vehicles from bursting in the facilities. The security measures will go beyond the MWC’s venues and extend to the neighbouring areas and those aimed at holding parallel activities. The number of security officers in the public transport will also be increased during the MWC’s week.