NOTE! This site uses cookies

By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more detalis, see Read more

Accept

What are you looking for?

Fashion retailer Mango's sales up 9% for 2014 but profits down by 11%, to €107 million

The Catalan fashion retailer Mango closed 2014 with a profit of €107 million, 11.2% less than in 2013, when the multinational based in Greater Barcelona earned €120.5 million. However, sales last year increased by 9.3%, reaching some €2.02 billion, with 82% coming from foreign markets, and the remaining 18% from the Spanish market. Online sales turnover now accounts for 9.1% of the company's total sales. In 2014, Mango created 2,331 jobs worldwide, representing a 17% increase on 2013 figures, and 28% of those jobs were in Spain. The company currently has over 15,700 employees worldwide. In 2015, it plans to invest €300 million in opening new stores, renovation work on existing stores, and logistic and IT systems.

SHARE

22 April 2015 10:05 PM

by

ACN

Barcelona (ACN).- The Catalan fashion retailer Mango closed 2014 with a profit of €107 million, 11.2% less than in 2013, when the multinational based in Greater Barcelona earned €120.5 million. However, sales last year increased by 9.3%, reaching some €2.02 billion, with 82% coming from foreign markets, and the remaining 18% from the Spanish market. In 2014, Mango created 2,331 jobs worldwide, representing a 17% increase on 2013 figures, and 28% of those jobs were in Spain. The company currently has over 15,700 employees worldwide. In 2015, it plans to invest €300 million in opening new stores, renovation work on existing stores, and logistic and IT systems.


Online sales turnover now accounts for 9.1% of the company's total sales. 12 new countries were added during 2014, bringing the total number of states where online sales are now available to 76. In addition, in late 2014 a new logistics centre came into operation in Germany to improve customer service for online shoppers from Central Europe. In 2015, Mango plans to start selling online in the countries in South America, Asia and Africa where it already has physical stores.

With regard to its fashion lines, in 2014 Mango Man added 90 new retail outlets, closing the year with a total of 240 stores in over 40 countries; Mango Kids closed its third season with 150 retail outlets, in more than 50 countries; and Violeta by Mango completed its first year with 90 retail outlets in over 15 markets.

A new 2,810 square metres megastore will open in Barcelona in 2015

During 2014, the Catalan group continued its global expansion under the 'megastore concept', building new stores whose size ranges between 800 and 3,000 square metres, which offer all or most of its lines (Woman, Man, Kid and Violeta).

During 2014, 43 megastores were opened, while in 2015 another 75 openings are scheduled. Among them are one in Barcelona (on Carrer Canuda, near Les Rambles, 2,810 square metres), one in Milan (on Corso Vittorio Emanuele, 3,056 square metres) and one in Dublin (on Henry Street, 1,390 sq. metres). Mango currently runs more than 2,700 stores in 109 countries.

Construction work on new facilities Hangar2 and Mango Logistics Park underway

According to the company's press release, construction work on Hangar2 - a new building next to the company’s main offices – is currently underway. The Catalan group's world headquarters are located in the Greater Barcelona town of Palau-solità i Plegamans, north of Barcelona city.

Hangar 2 will host all the staff in charge of Mango’s new lines for teenagers and mature women – called ‘Rebels’ and ‘Violeta’ respectively – as well as the company’s brand for men. The new facility will be connected to Mango’s main design centre known as ‘Hangar’ which – once Hangar2 is completed - will be enlarged by more than 24,000 square metres.

The first phase of construction of the new Mango Logistics Park in the town of Lliçà d’Amunt (situated just a few kilometres away from Mango’s headquarters) is also ongoing. It will be completed in January 2016. At the end of this first phase, 160,000 of the total 330,000 square metres will have been constructed.

When construction work on these two facilities is completed, the Catalan group's world headquarters will reach a total surface of 80,000 square metres of offices.

SHARE

  • isak_andic

  • The founder of Mango, Isak Andic (by ACN)